Happy Anniversary to all who joined Building Operations in 2015
Wesbrook Mall AC Water Main scheduled work on March 14 – 18
Utilities will be working on the water main along Wesbrook Mall on March 14 – 18. There will be no service interruptions but may affect traffic flow. For more information, here are the Description of Work and Traffic Management Plan.
Make sure purchased items delivered at Stores have complete information for better coordination
When purchasing items from 3rd party vendors that will arrive at Stores, it is critical that the originator of the order ensures the supplier includes some form of contact or order info. Please request that this is included on receiving paperwork to ensure items received through Stores flow to the correct individual.
Information included should be as follows:
Any other detail that would help identify the owner of the product being delivered.
Additionally, itemized PO/Requisitions should be populated with detailed descriptions of each item. We have seen one line input for multiple items. This is problematic when partial shipments are received.
Governor General Awards Ceremony ran smoothly…with special thanks to the Custodial Staff
Over the last 3 weeks, the Custodial Staff has been organizing and preparing for the high-profile Governor General Awards Ceremony. They had less than 30 minutes to clean The Chan Centre after the first ceremony/reception completely, and to set up for the next one. Due to the meticulous planning done by Danica Pjevalica and her team, the event went off without a hitch.
Evening Staff: Patricia Saville’s team worked really hard to detail all the nooks & crannies in the evening so the whole place sparkled!
Thank you to the whole team for coming together on all shifts to make this happen!
EAOS Asset Collecting – What Else Have We Learned?
- We focused on gathering the mechanical and electrical systems which is most complex (aka the biggest headache) out of the asset list.
- We need to lock down an electronic, fillable form so that as we gather data, it’s instantly submitted and you can use it!
- We need to apply criteria to space classifications so that we prioritize the buildings in terms of regulatory systems & components, as well as the risk factor.
- Elevator data collecting estimated to be completed by March 14th
- For the BVP data collection, we have chosen Wajax to do our testing which begins April 1st. We’ll have ‘check sheets’ developed which will be given back to Jeff Smith for verification and tracking. We have 2 months to test 61 BVPs.
UBC’s new fact sheet has arrived for 2015/16
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world.
UBC at a glance:
- 61,113 total students
- 52,721 Vancouver students
- 8,392 Okanagan students
- 13,189 international students from 155 countries
- 12,841 degrees granted in 2015
- $12.5 billion in economic impact
- 180 companies spun off from UBC Research
- 1,261 research projects with industry partners
- 1,095 research contracts and agreements with government and non-profits.
Learn more by viewing the complete UBC Overview and Facts page, which has been newly updated for 2015/16.
Participate in the Ripple Effect Sustainability Campaign
UBC’s sustainability campaign, the Ripple Effect, is back for its third years from March 14 – 18. You are invited to attend one of the many events designed to inspired learning, conversation, and action on sustainability.
|Grounds for Change Monday, March 14, starting 8:30am||Visit the UBC Bookstore Plaza to get your free travel much and learn how to recycle all components of a disposable coffee cup if you can’t use it.|
|Love Your Leftovers Wednesday, March 16, 11:30am – 2:00pm||Join the Zero Waste Food Truck Festival at the UBC Bookstore Plaza, share great food with your friends, and learn how to properly sort and reduce your waste.|
|Chilling Out, Thursday, March 18, 11:00am – 2:00pm||Learn firsthand about UBC’s steam to hot water heating project at an open house of the Temporary Energy Centre (University Boulevard at Main mall).|