Submit your Town Hall questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
A lot has been changing in Building Operations over the past year—and that is certain to have created some questions. In the coming weeks were going to be hosting a series of Town Halls to share some of our progress and to answer as many of your questions as we can. If you have a question that you would like to see addressed at our Town Hall, please send it to Bright Ideas, our new ideas program.
To help you get prepared, here’s an overview of the planned topics we’ll cover
The first Town Hall is scheduled for Thursday, May 14 at 2:15 pm for all Trades, Municipal and Customer Services on day shift.
Parking is non-existent so please walk to Wesbrook building.
The second Town Hall is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20 at 7:00 am for all Custodial day shift/night shift.
The third Town Hall is scheduled for Thursday, May 21 at 4:00 pm for all Trades on evening shift.
The fourth Town Hall is scheduled for May 21, at 6:00 pm for Custodial evening shift.
Explore the current state of asset management in USB’s main hallway and online
Building Operations’ EAOS project has just completed a review of the current state of asset management in Building Operations. From all the valuable information gathered, the EAOS team has posted the updated version of the documents along the hallway by the Centre. Please take some time to review it as it contains updates from all shops.
Each week, for the next four weeks, EAOS will share a high-level summary of 3 of the 12 areas we examined in the Current State Analysis:
- Asset Inventory
- We need to create and implement asset lists that are meaningful to trades and have a strategy to govern them.
- Read the summary of our asset inventory current state online.
- Operations and Maintenance Plans
- Our existing Operations & Maintenance strategy needs to be improved in terms of its execution, co-ordination, scheduling, and governance.
- Read the summary of our operations and maintenance current state online.
- Organizational Structure
- We need to re-think our rationale behind our current organization structure and consider changing it to reflect our business needs, like having a distinct Operations branch.
- Read the summary of our organizational structure current state online.
You’ll find the full Current State Analysis in the main hallway of the USB or you can review our more comprehensive summary online.
The EAOS Team thanks all who participated in the feedback sessions
Steadily moving along, the EAOS team is preparing to benchmark outside organizations to solutions for issues and gaps. With the help of Mike Danchuck, Refrigeration Head, the first organization that confirmed their participation in our benchmarking initiative is the University of Alberta. Thank you, Mike, for paving the way in making this happen.
Check out the Botanical Garden plant sale
Come and see garden favourites, rare and unusual plant; perennials, edibles, native plants and more!
The UBC Botanical Garden is offering free garden tours and children’s activities and expert advice.
The Garden is a pet-free zone. Please leave dogs at home.
Campus Safety Working Group wants to hear from you on keeping UBC safer
The Campus Safety Working Group recently released an update on their efforts in making UBC a safer campus. In the past year, they have:
- Improved the lighting and landscape practices to increase visibility.
- Expanded the AMS Safe Walk Program to provide year-round service both in vehicles and on foot.
- Increased bike patrols to enhance coverage by Campus Security.
Coming soon will be the installation of the new Emergency Blue Phones and security cameras on campus.
Campus Security wants to hear from you. Send your feedback or ideas on how to keep UBC a safer place to email@example.com.
- SUB partial occupancy anticipated any day now
- Welcome Ernesto Permaran, Gwendolyn Ramirez, Nick Armstrong & Quinten Benedetti
- Farewell Rick Garbe
- NPS Score decreased to 82%; with 50 responses, 9 new promoters & 4 new detractors